Innovative Biopolymer and Repro Compounding
- Compostable coffee-chaff based bio-composite resin for world's first BPI certified single-serve 100% compostable coffee pod.
- Light-weight bio-composite resins that replace talc/glass fiber filled polymer systems. Our resins save up to 23% weight and are price, performance, and process competitive.
- Customized molding-grade repro for a variety of injection molding, rotor molding, thermoforming, and blow molding applications. Some examples are very high melt/high impact repro for injection molding and fractional melt high impact repro for rotor molding.
- BIOBLAKR® Masterbatch as a substitute for carbon black. This is the world's first black Masterbatch to use USDA-certified, 99% bio-carbon (new carbon).
Taking big steps to leave a small footprint
We use perennial non-food, non-forest grasses and co-products and waste streams of agricultural biomass processing industries. We commercially compound these with either post-consumer, post-industrial plastics, or virgin polymer depending on the application. The patent-pending resin technologies are created at the Bio-products Discovery and Development Center, (BDDC) University of Guelph, Ontario, our technology collaborator. Our products have four characteristics in common:
- Competitive cost compared to virgin polymers – no cost penalty for going green
- Customers can use existing equipment – no new capital investment required to mold our biopolymers
- No change in customers' operating parameters – no loss of cycle time, compromising productivity or quality
- Assured supply of biomass and resins to scale up – no constraints to scale with increased demand